Routing near a port throws Code 2010 error

routes near ports/waterbody are normally broken: “Could not find routable point within a radius of 350.0 meters of specified coordinate”

Point A: Barcelona El Prat Josep Tarradellas Airport, Barcelona, Spain
Point B: Port de Barcelona - Bocana Sud, Barcelona, Spain

Google directions API gives accurate results with the same coordinates

Could you please provide some example geocoordinates of locations illustrating the issue you describe? Cheers!

Hi @Clerissa_Lewis,

that one is in the middle of a pond in the middle of an airfield.

The second road has access=restricted tag which is currently not routable with ors (you will find a lot about it in the forum already).

Air-/Ports do often have restricted area that in normal cases should not be routable.

Also see Point not within a radius of 350.0 meters - #9 by amandus for general info on not found points.

Best regards

This is ultimately caused by the way the geocoder (Pelias) works I think. If you use the geocoding endpoint, which makes sense (I do that too), and send this:

https://api.openrouteservice.org/geocode/search?api_key=$$$$$$$$&size=10&text=Barcelona El Prat Josep Tarradellas Airport, Barcelona, Spain

the response actually contains the way-id:

[snip]
  "features": [
    {
      "type": "Feature",
      "geometry": {
        "type": "Point",
        "coordinates": [
        ]
      },
      "properties": {
        "id": "way/314726876",
        "gid": "openstreetmap:venue:way/314726876",
        "layer": "venue",
        "source": "openstreetmap",
        "source_id": "way/314726876",
        "name": "Barcelona El Prat Josep Tarradellas Airport",
        "confidence": 0.8,
[snip]

and it looks like the point returned is the centerpoint for that OSM venue-way, which happens to be quite a large polygon, of which the centerpoint is nowhere near anything routable.

It might be good idea to add this sort of scenario to the documentation, since I see these kinds of questions posted very frequently. Most of those are ultimately caused by this same issue, I think.