Removing Blue Lines in QGIS

I used the ORS Tools plugin in QGIS to calculate a travel route and the blue lines between the points remain embedded in my map canvas. I have found no way to remove them. Please help, or my map might be ruined.

I am not seeing the same problem on my installation, so it would be very difficult for anyone to provide assistance without knowing a lot more information such as the QGIS version being used, the Plugin version being used, if you have replicated it in other QGIS projects etc.

Thanks for the reply @adam .
QGIS 3.12.2, ORS Tools 1.2.3. The same lines appeared in any other project at the same location when I used the same projection. Its a custom projection built with WKT. Anyways I did a reinstall of QGIS and now the lines have disappeared. So I’ll just be very careful using this plugin until a solution is found.

Hey yall!

I have encountered the same problem. Even if all layers are unactivated, the blue lines are showing. The lines are a result of using the ORS tool for route planning. I added another line using the ORS tool just to demonstrate (displayed in the picture). There should be some way to remove the line. So, my question is, how can I remove everything that is plotted using the ORS tool?

Hi @Mikida,

are you using the latest QGIS version?

Please open an Issue in the ORSTools repository describing your problem as detailed as possible.
Especially the QGIS and ORSTools versions would be helpful as well as the steps to reproduce the problem.

Best regards

Hi @amandus,

Thx for the quick answer! I’ll open a new issue and be careful with the inclusion of relevant information.

Kind regards

1 Like

I had a similar issue with the Profile Tool. QGIS 3.18 windows. Occasionally the red profile line (using the temporary polyline option) would remain on the canvas. Closing the project and exitting QGIS then reopening seems to work.

I have the same problem. In this case I cant eliminate the selected points. Do you know what to do please?

Hi @adriagonsito,

please track the status in Removing blue lines in ORS TOOL in QGIS 3.14.16 · Issue #120 · GIScience/orstools-qgis-plugin · GitHub.
This is inconvenient, but currently not that high priority -.-
This couldn’t make it into the latest release, as the problem is somewhat complex and not easy to fix in 1 or 2 hours, while making sure everything else works as expected.

The above issue has a hack to work around it, which might work for you. If you can provide further information to the issue or even contribute with a Pull Request, please do!

Best regards