Local ORS version on Windows 10

Hi,

I’m trying to run ORS locally on my Windows 10 machine. I have scoured this forum and found some threads that guided me in the right direction, as well as some tutorials such as this one (for Linux) Setup a Self-Hosted OpenRouteService Instance with Docker on Windows, Mac or Linux - YouTube, but now I’m stuck.

I’ve successfully installed Docker with the ors-app image, and verified that this command works with the default Heidelberg data:
http://localhost:8080/ors/v2/directions/driving-car?&start=8.681495,49.41461&end=8.687872,49.420318

Now I can’t figure out how to modify the geography with Geofabrik files. When I follow the steps in Dipayan Banerjee - Local openrouteservice setup (Windows 10 Home), the data/graphs/car folder seems to cause issues.

In the aforementioned YouTube video (from time 9:45), the data/graphs/car folder gets deleted, but I don’t know how to do so in Windows 10. Whatever I try to use administrator privileges, I am told I don’t have the right privileges.

I appreciate any help!

Hi @Steve,

try this How to Use Powershell to Force Delete File and Folder
you might need to open the power shell with elevated privileges (as admin)

Best regards

Hi @amandus,

Many thanks for your quick reply, but this does not work for me. I get:

Remove-item : Access to the path '\\wsl$\Debian\home\steve\openrouteservice\docker\graphs\car' is denied.
At line:1 char:1
+ Remove-item \\wsl$\Debian\home\steve\openrouteservice\docker\graphs\c ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : PermissionDenied: (\\wsl$\Debian\h...cker\graphs\car:String) [Remove-Item], Unauthorized
   AccessException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : RemoveItemUnauthorizedAccessError,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.RemoveItemCommand

Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks

ah right, it’s within the WSL, so you also have to remove them from there

If you open a wsl shell (wsl.exe), you should be able to do :

cd ~/openrouteservice/docker/graphs
sudo rm -r ./car

you need enter the passwort for the WSL root user

A post was split to a new topic: Create multiple isochrones at once