Error: It was not possible to find a suitable point that is part of the route. Maybe one of the points selected is not routable or the selected profile is not supported in this region

Here is the route by foot hiking: OpenRouteService route planner - directions, isochrones and places

And it shows “It was not possible to find a suitable point that is part of the route. Maybe one of the points selected is not routable or the selected profile is not supported in this region”, but there is a trail for hiking in this map. What’s the problem? and how can I succeed to route the trail?

Hey @kf99916
I tried to generate some routes in the same trail, but I could not. But If I pick some places in the nearby region, it works, like this https://bit.ly/3vPhHXb .

I can also visually see the trail, but what counts is if this trail is in OSM database as trail/routable way.

Hey @kf99916,

this is related to the trail being tagged as demanding_alpine_hiking - compare this answer to a previous related question.
There was a similar question a while back, you can find some more info in there, as well as a fix if you’re willing to run ORS yourself.

Best regards,
Jakob

2 Likes