ERROR calling any ORS API - CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED

Hello, I used to run python scripts that calls open route services correctly
But now, I have a problem to run a simple script, seems to me that the api service is not available.
import openrouteservice
coords = [[8.34234,48.23424],[8.34423,48.26424]] ## I tried also with (
client = openrouteservice.Client(key=token2) # token2 is my personal API key
routes = client.directions(coords)
print(routes)

I 've got the following error:
SSLError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘api.openrouteservice.org’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /v2/directions/driving-car/json (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, ‘[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1123)’)))

Do I need to download a certificate? my token works properly, I tested it with my browser,
Do you know how to fix this problem?
Many thanks in advance,
Vivian.

Hi @vivian_rossi,
if you didn’t change the base URL you might be running into this issue:

best regards

Thanks for your answer.
I’m running on Windows 10 from anaconda python or jupyter notebook.

Where is the certificate, what is the file name and how to modifiy it?

1 Like

This is a forum for openrouteservice issues. Please use a search engine for unrelated matters.

I’m getting this error as well. My certificate is valid until 2030. The API works fine from Postman extension in VS Code. Python works fine on another M1 Mac. What’s the next troubleshooting step?

For posterity, one can disable the certificate since as a human we trust all the parties involved by using the requests_kwargs option. So…

client = openrouteservice.Client(key=openrouteservice_key,requests_kwargs={'verify':False})