Error with r package ors_directions()

Hi there,
I’m using openrouteservices for one of my R shiny apps. Until today everything worked just fine. Today I get the following error when using the ors_directions() funktion. I get the same error when trying to du the request directly via httr package. I checkt my api_key and can use it on the API Playground without any problem. Can anyone help me to figure out why it is not working anymore?
Any help is much appreciated

ors_directions(coordinates=list(c(8.34234, 48.23424), c(8.34423, 48.26424)), api_key=myKey)
Error in curl::curl_fetch_memory(url, handle = handle) :
server certificate verification failed. CAfile: /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt CRLfile: none

Hi @Karina2808,

this is most probably an issue with an expired certificate (DST Root CA X3) on your machine.
I’ve had the same issue right now on my macbook and was able to solve it by removing the section of the expired certificate from my /private/etc/ssl/cert.pem

See e.g. Help thread for DST Root CA X3 expiration (September 2021) - #280 by mts - Help - Let's Encrypt Community Support

Best regards

1 Like

hi @amandus,

the expired certificate was in fact the problem. We fixed it with an update of the Linux machine.

many thanks

1 Like