Waiting time for isochrone requests

Hello everyone. My name is Nayara, I’ve been working with a local setup of ors with the intention to get 3,4,5,6 hours driving time isochrones. However to generate a 3hour isochrone it takes about 1-2 minutes, some 6 hours isochrones have taken me 10 minutes. I actually am here to ask if this is expected or if I did something extremely wrong.

Ive seen that ors might take more time to build (and I assume to respond to requests) with bigger maps so Ive been using a merge of Poland,Czech,Germany before I increase my map, the idea in the end is to have the whole Europe.

This generation times are actually way better now that Im running ors on a machine of the lab that is very powerfull. At first, my mac M1 would take 5 minutes to generate the 3 hours isochrones when i first started.

I don’t know if this is actually a problem, I just need the confirmation if it’s normal waiting time. Ive been trying to change configurations and reading documentation, but couldnt get a clear answer on this.

Thank you in advance, if this is abnormal I can share my ors-config file and what else would give more information in the problem, but I dont want to clutter this post if this is expected behavior.

Could you provide how much cpu & ram are available for ors on the server (or docker container) and how much you allowed ors to use ?

your config file might indeed be useful, but more important is the environment variables for java configuration ?
(i.e. something like JAVA_OPTS=-Djava.awt.headless=true -server -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=75 -XX:SurvivorRatio=64 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=3 -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:+ScavengeBeforeFullGC -XX:ParallelGCThreads=4 -Xms1g -Xmx2g

Sorry by the delay

i dont remember putting a limit on CPU Im pretty new to using servers and containers so Im sorry if I didnt understand the question properly.

This is the latest docker stat, it is running as a detached container
0.07% CPU MEM usage 23.65Gib from 503.7Gib

In my Dockerfile, my JAVA_OPTS:

“JAVA_OPTS=-Djava.awt.headless=true -server -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=75 -XX:SurvivorRatio=64 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=3 -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:+ScavengeBeforeFullGC -XX:ParallelGCThreads=4 -Xms2g -Xmx14g”

I increased Xms Xmx long time ago because I read somewhere it would help with some memory errors