Splitting All City into walking routes

Hello

I am pretty new to this service - but after plaything and searching for some days, I was not able to find what I am looking for. Sorry if it is a repeated question that I missed on my hunting.

I am working on a project for walk through all houses in a city.
I have all long/lat points. It’s about 40k points.
Need to plit them in roits of ~400 points or 7 hours of walking or so.
There is any engine here capable?
The bigfest problem looks like Chinese postman problem. But maybe another name that Im not familiar yet.

At least. If I split first is there any way to upload each 400 points block and check for “is a walk safe route ?” “It Cross roads or other blocking thinks ?”

Really appreciate your time.

Hi @RicardoCostaContin ,

you might have look whether ORS’ optimization endpoint serves your use case. However, 40k points is far beyond the server limits of the public API, so you would have to run your own instance.

Best regards

Hi,

I am pretty new to this service and need a little help after searching for some days.
I was not able to find what I am looking for. Sorry if it is a repeated question that I missed on my hunting.

I am working on a project probability for a Chinese postman problem but may be there is other way.
To be short … 10k to 100k long/lat city walking points that I need to split in mote or less 400 with some optimizations like fastest, shortest or less street crossing.

Any sugestion ?
At least any way to check if a route with 400 poins is safe / possible to do walking ? Loke avoiding cross roads ?

Reallu appreciate any insights

Hi @RicardoCostaContin,

I don’t really understand what you mean with your first question of splitting to 400 locations.

Concerning the street crossings, this information is currently not available in ORS. In order to enable ORS serving such a request, you would have to extend it with a new Weighting: https://github.com/GIScience/openrouteservice/tree/master/ors-engine/src/main/java/org/heigit/ors/routing/graphhopper/extensions/weighting.

Best regards