Runtime Error when multi threading

Hi.
I’m using the Python library for ORS directions, and sometimes I’m getting some errors (maybe 1 of each 100 queries thrown)

File "python3.5/site-packages/openrouteservice/validator.py", line 683, in _directions_validation
    v.validate(params, schema)
    File "python3.5/site-packages/cerberus/validator.py", line 992, in validate
    for field in self.document:
RuntimeError: dictionary changed size during iteration

File "python3.5/site-packages/openrouteservice/validator.py", line 683, in _directions_validation
File python3.5/site-packages/cerberus/validator.py", line 1044, in __validate_definitions
    value = self.document[field]
KeyError: 'geometry_format'

File python3.5/site-packages/cerberus/validator.py", line 1044, in __validate_definitions
    value = self.document[field]
KeyError: 'format_out'

File "python3.5/site-packages/cerberus/validator.py", line 992, in validate
    for field in self.document:
RuntimeError: dictionary changed size during iteration

As I’ve seen all of them comes from cerberus/validator.py, and the query I throw is always the same. This error comes when I throw some queries with threads.

Any clue on what could be happening?

thanks!

Hi,

thanks for the report. You could even have filed an issue in Github, since this really looks like one.

Yeah, I guess the validator implementation wasn’t thread-safe. But I did remove a few days (or weeks) ago, as this whole object validation business is a pain in the *** and not worth the trouble;)

Please do make sure to use > v2.2.0. pip list will show you what you’re currently using.

BTW, even with the version you’re using, each method accepts a validate=False, which won’t perform any cerberus validation.