Recent error when calculating ORS Isochrones in QGIS?

Hello,

Up until today I have not had a problem calculating Isochrones for a research project using ORS in QGIS (incredibly useful plugin by the way - thank you!!).

Today when trying to compute the same 30, 60, 120min time catchments for a single point layer I keep getting the following error:

QGIS version: 3.20.2-Odense
QGIS code revision: 9f59a15664
Qt version: 5.15.2
Python version: 3.8.7
GDAL version: 3.2.3
GEOS version: 3.9.1-CAPI-1.14.2
PROJ version: Rel. 6.3.2, May 1st, 2020
PDAL version: 2.2.0 (git-version: Release)

Processing algorithm…
Algorithm ‘Isochrones from layer’ starting…
Input parameters:
{ ‘INPUT_FIELD’ : ‘id’, ‘INPUT_METRIC’ : 0, ‘INPUT_POINT_LAYER’ : ‘XXXX.shp’, ‘INPUT_PROFILE’ : 0, ‘INPUT_PROVIDER’ : 0, ‘INPUT_RANGES’ : ‘30, 60, 120’, ‘OUTPUT’ : ‘TEMPORARY_OUTPUT’ }

Feature ID 1 caused a ApiError:
400 ({“error”:{“code”:3004,“message”:“Parameter ‘range=7200.0’ is out of range. Maximum possible value is 3600.”},“info”:{“engine”:{“version”:“6.6.1”,“build_date”:“2021-07-05T10:57:48Z”},“timestamp”:1633948156476}})

Execution completed in 0.19 seconds
Results:
{‘OUTPUT’: ‘Isochrones_d1d95626_1e11_4102_b45b_888813bf2cab’}
Loading resulting layers
Algorithm ‘Isochrones from layer’ finished

I have not had this problem before - is there something I should look into from my end, or are others experiencing similar issues? My ORS token is still valid.

Would appreciate some assistance - thank you!

Hi @najusten,

this is due to the restrictions of the openrouteservice API

If you need isochrones for car for more than 1h you need to set up openrouteservice locally.
You can configure it to allow higher values.

Best regards

1 Like

Good to know, thank you for your help!

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Error 401 when creating Isochrones in QGIS

Hello,
I need to calculate two isochrones with a range of 60 and 90 minutes driving a car.

The method you indicate here is the only one I can use?

If I calculate the 60 min isochrone and I convert it into a permanent layer, can I create the 90 min one starting from that layer?

Thank you

Hi @Giuli,

not really, you would have to calculate multiple 30 min isochrones from points lying on the edge and it would only be an approximation of the normal calculation.
It would be be far from an appropriate isochrone.

The local instance would be the most correct option.

Best regards

1 Like

Ok, thank you so much

1 Like