QGIS: ORS Tools giving consistent error when trying to change "Traveling Salesman [optional]" to anything except blank

I am having trouble with the ORS Tools plugin. In regards to the errors themselves, they are as follows:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/Users/User/Library/Application Support/QGIS/QGIS3/profiles/John/python/plugins/ORStools/common/client.py", line 157, in request
response, content = self.nam.request(self.url,
File "/Users/karlispanis/Library/Application Support/QGIS/QGIS3/profiles/John/python/plugins/ORStools/common/networkaccessmanager.py", line 263, in request
raise self.http_call_result.exception
ORStools.common.networkaccessmanager.RequestsException: Network error #400: Error transferring https://api.openrouteservice.org/optimization? - server replied: Bad Request

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/Users/User/Library/Application Support/QGIS/QGIS3/profiles/John/python/plugins/ORStools/common/client.py", line 167, in request
self._check_status()
File "/Users/User/Library/Application Support/QGIS/QGIS3/profiles/John/python/plugins/ORStools/common/client.py", line 223, in _check_status
raise exceptions.ApiError(
ORStools.utils.exceptions.ApiError: 400 ({"code":2,"error":"Duplicate job id: 1."}
)

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/Users/User/Library/Application Support/QGIS/QGIS3/profiles/John/python/plugins/ORStools/proc/directions_points_layer_proc.py", line 163, in processAlgorithm
response = ors_client.request('/optimization', {}, post_json=params)
File "/Users/User/Library/Application Support/QGIS/QGIS3/profiles/John/python/plugins/ORStools/common/client.py", line 179, in request
logger.log(f"Feature ID {post_json['id']} caused a {e.__class__.__name__}: {str(e)}", 2)
KeyError: 'id'

Execution failed after 0.31 seconds

Some things of note:

• The application only works on my point layer when it is set to “Point (Point)” and not when it is multipoint
  • There are no issues otherwise when trying to route without the use of the Salesman option.
  • When I try to change my point layer to multipoint it gives me this error when I try to run anything Feature ID None caused a ApiError: 400 ({ error :{ code :2003, message : Parameter coordinates has incorrect value or format. }, info :{ engine :{ build_date : 2023-12-10T05:30:50Z , version : 7.1.0 }, timestamp :1702986538288}})
  • My point layer is also composed of points that were copied from another layer of points created by the “Line intersection” function

As far as the problem I am trying to solve is concerned, I want to try running traveling salesman but with a start point and end point being two separate things without returning to the same start point. Perhaps, pgRouting has my solution but I do not know how to operate it.

Hey,

it seems like this feature doesn’t interact with MultiPoint Layers that well.
I have opened an issue for this.

In the meantime, I suggest you don’t use MultiPoint Layers.
If you want to set a fixed start and end point, you can use Fix Start and End Point as an option. If you want to specify which points, make sure to specify what to sort your points by, and make sure your start point is first and your end point is last given this sorting.

Best regards