Problem with optimize output (own customized backend)

Hi,

I’m currently using the optimization part from own customized backend but i’m facing a problem when using time windows.
I have attached below in url a request example with 43 jobs with time window from 00:00 to 23:59 except one (id: 30321, time window : 13:00-14-00).

Also, vehicle time window is from 09:00-23:00.

The problem is that the start time is not 09:00 but about 10:00 in contrast with your service with same request where the start time is correct.
Also, the ordering optimization is different.

I have attached in url below the output from my server and also yours (https://api.openrouteservice.org/optimization)

I have attached also in url config from my server.

Can you help me?

Thank you in advance
Url example

Hey,

I’ve looked at the config you provided and noticed a small difference:
You are setting use_acceleration=false whereas our instance uses use_acceleration=true. This will lead to different routes and thus a different output.

Could you restart your ors instance setting use_acceleration to true as well?

What versions of vroom and ors are you running? Could you provide your vroom config as well?

Best regards,
Jakob

Hi @jschnell

I changed use_acceleration to true and restarted it but i got the same response.

ors version 6.3.2
vroom-express@0.7.0

About vroom config i did not edit it but i will search and share also.

Thank you

Hey,

the current ors version is 6.6.1, the current vroom-express-version is 0.9.0. Please update your services to the latest version, so we know it is not related to using an old version.
Make sure to rebuild the ors graphs as well.

Vroom-express needs a vroom instance running in the background, please make sure that this is up to date as well.

Best regards

Hi @jschnell,

After upgrade issue resolved!!

Thank you very much

1 Like

Hi @jschnell

After some tests that i made on the upgraded version. I come up with a same issue but with different locations.

I have attached below in url a request example with 48 jobs with time window from 00:00 to 23:59 except one (id: 30321, time window : 13:00-14-00).

Also, vehicle time window is from 09:00-23:00.

The problem is again that the response start time is not 09:00 but 10:48.

I have checked in your service and it is giving the same wrong response.

Can you help me?

example json request

Hey,

why do you consider this as “wrong”?
If my assumption is correct, the optimiziation will try to find a route from your start- to your endpoint, going through all job locations, respecting the time windows.

The goal of the optimization is to find the route with the shortest duration.

Given that you only have one job with a real “time window”, you can think of this optimization as finding the route with the shortest duration going through all job locations, and then shifting the start such that the time window of this one job is respected.

I think this can easily yield a solution with a starting time of 10:48.

Best regards

Hi @jschnell

Based on your answer it is not wrong but how can i set a fixed start time?

It is not correct to shift start time because the job from my example has estimation arrival at 13:00 and time window is 13:00-14:00 so i have correct estimation arrival but “wrong” start time. By shifting start time and all jobs from 10:48 to 9:00 then for job with id 30321 the estimation arrival will be 11:12 which is not the expected. This solution you suggest?

I want to respect start time if it is possible.

Thank you

Hi @npantazis

please take a look at this vroom issue as well as the issue linked in that thread.

Best regards

Hey,

no, I was trying to explain why the solution has a start time of 10:48.

Best regards