Pedestrian route calculated on roadway instead of sidewalk

For this route I observe that nearby to the end the pedestrians get recommendation to use the roadway instead of the sidewalk. I’m not an expert, but at a first sight definitions for roadway and sidewalk in that area seem

to be ok.

What do you think about the reasons for that mistake?

Hi @RainerBielefeld,

the road it uses is tagged as a service way which is normally used as point of access to different places such as (osm wiki):
building, service station, beach, campsite, industrial estate, business park, etc. This is also commonly used for access to parking, driveways, and alleys.

There is no special restrictions for pedestrians and i think in most cases the use by foot should be tolerated (e.g. beach, building, campsite). So to not use that way there should be a restriction with foot=no like on the roads around that point.

The wiki also states that the usage of highway:service is deprecated and should be replaced. The second option already only allows busses, but i think openrouteservice doesn’t allow pedestrians on highway=busway as well. So eithere of those adjustments should fix the issue.

Best regards