Matrix for shortest/fastest route preference

Hi, I noticed that the matrix API for “driving-car” profile just calculates routes for the case where preference is “fastest”, would it be possible to change the preference to “shortest” via a preference flag in the request similar to the directions request?

Hey,

as mentioned in our API docs, there is the metrics-parameter where you can select distance.

Best regards

Hi, sorry, maybe my question was not clear. I meant, if is it possible to tell the matrix API which preference to use when calculating the distances and time. For instance, using the fastest route or the shortes? I suppose is always the fastest (recommended). If this is not possible can one request this as a new feature?

Cheers

Hey,

your question was clear, my answer was just answering a different question :wink:

No, this is currently not implemented. This is not an algorithmic problem, it’s mostly the API not reflecting this. This is, however, not trivial to implement, we have created an issue for this. The progress can be followed there.

Best regards

Great, thanks!

1 Like

Hello @jschnell, any progress on this? Thanks

Hey,

as evident in the issue, there’s nothing new here.
The openrouteservice is open source, however, so any contributions are more than welcome :slight_smile:

Best regards

Hey,

any updates? I’d be happy to have that feature as well.

Best regards,
Tobi