Limit of waypoints

Hi! I would like to ask about the limit of waypoints that we can enter in Classic Map. Thanks!

Hi @Justyna_Hammer,

the maximum amount is 50. This is a restriction of our backend.

Best regards

is it possible, that waypoints are limited to 15 in the meanwhile?

there was no information or error message: i did plan a route with more – but the map just doesn’t load, when a shared the link (or reloaded the site).
That’s not a fair user experience, when the idea to create and share a route on orsm doesn’t work as intended – it took some time to create…

Hi @Chrigu,

if you show (or PM) me the link i can take a look at it, and see what’s not working.

i opened a private window in Firefox 89 (no addons), just added 15 waypoints and reloaded. The route was there again.
Then, i added a 16. point and reloaded – no route is shown
Then i copied the URL of the 15 waypoints above into Edge and added a 16. – same problem…

This is due to a different limit: your browser usually only allows around 2048 characters in the URL
and your second link might cross that limit.

Maybe there is a way to reduce the data stored in the url. Feel free to open an issue in the github repository.
In the meantime, you could use the classic client for your request, which only saves the raw lat,lon coordinates and has about 500 chars for the same request.