Isochrone interval not working

Hi, while using the API playground to generate some curl code that I can use as a basis for a batch program, I’m trying to generate distance isochrones for a series of lake locations in Oklahoma, USA. As I understand it, 10 is the maximum number of isochrone equadistances that can occur, according to the API restrictions page. From this, I would expect to get equadistances of 10,20,30,…100 on the output. But it is returning only 2. What am I missing?

Here’ is the API generated code:

curl -X POST
https://api.openrouteservice.org/v2/isochrones/driving-car
-H ‘Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8’
-H ‘Accept: application/json, application/geo+json, application/gpx+xml, img/png; charset=utf-8’
-H ‘Authorization: xxxx’
-d ‘{“locations”:[[-96.1781435,36.3695025]],“range”:[300,100],“interval”:10,“range_type”:“distance”,“units”:“km”}’

Here is the resulting map (from the API playground run).

Hi @gwfami2

the documentation for this isn’t particularly clear, but it seems that when using an interval value you should only pass in one range as the range in effect overrides the intervals.

Also, the interval value isn’t the number of intervals, but the distance/time that each interval should be increased by. So in the above, passing in 10 as the interval doesn’t mean to create 10 intervals, but to create intervals that are 10km apart.

So what you would need to do is send the maximum range value (100) and then the interval value of 10 to get isochrones for every 10km, and so 10 intervals. For the 300 range one though, you would need to set the interval to be 30km as the maximum number of intervals that can be returned is 10. You would also need to do these two as separate requests.

Ok, finally got it figured out. Thanks.