Is there a way to access OSM datas?

Hello,
I would like to have ORS locally to use the matrix API but I also need to access the database to search for cities and addresses. So is there a way to get values from the OSM installed in the ORS to avoid getting twice the data (because I’ll need 300Go to do this on servers).
So is there a way to only install ORS with the 100+Go OSM(.pbf) file and access the same data from a SQL database or something

Hey,

your question is a bit unclear to me.
What do you mean by

Regarding your second question, the ors doesn’t alter the osm.pbf-file on graph building. You could definitely import any osm.pbf file you downloaded for the ors into any postGIS or any other database.

Best regards

I mean can I share the ORS database with my platform or do I have to clone the data to a postgres database ?

My main concern is to not have to double the 100+ Gb database because I need to use ORS and also to get geographic data through OSM

Hey,

openrouteservice uses a custom data format that can be found in the graphs folder. I don’t think it is possible to re-use this in any other software.

Note, that if you’re running the openrouteservice on a pbf file of size ~100 GB, you’ll need ~200GB of RAM.
Currently, the maximum file size of a sensible pbf is a bit below, around 63 GB, which is the size of the planet.pbf-file.

Best regards