Is openrouteservice-py still being developed?

As the title really. I noticed that the most recent update was ~8 months ago at the time of writing.

I’m having an issue where I want to add job descriptions for my route optimization python project, but I’m unable to. Looking at the Vroom API, I should be able to add a description key to my jobs, but when I try and do the following:

ors.optimization.Job(
    id=job.Index
    description=job.Description
    location=[job.Lon, client.Lat]
)

I get the following error: TypeError: Job.__init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'description'

I am relatively new to Python, but it looks like the definition for the Job class doesn’t have all of the keys that Vroom offers. It looks like it’s missing description, setup, delivery and pickup.

openrouteservice-py/optimization.py at master · GIScience/openrouteservice-py · GitHub (lines 104-121)

Would there be an easy way to add these to my own project?
Thanks!

Hey,

yes, openrouteservice-py is still being developed - it’s just not getting too much attention currently.

If you think that it’d be worth adding these fields to the Job-class, feel free to open an issue or a pull request for these features over at the openrouteservice-py github repo.

Best regards

1 Like