Integrating local GraphHopper for multipolygon routing

Hi, as some of you already know, I am doing my master’s thesis about integrating time dependency and open areas into pedestrian routing. My next step is to make routing through OSM multipolygons possible, and for that my plan is to combine Relation:multipolygon/Algorithm - OpenStreetMap Wiki with the visibility algorithm approach taken at InFieldGraphBuilder (https://github.com/GIScience/openrouteservice/pull/1187).
I wanted first to try and do the multipolygon processing only from the ORS code, overriding some functions like processRelation() at ORSOSMReader.java. However, it seemed that on top of that I also need to change preProcess(), which I cannot really override.
That means, I need to change preProcess at GitHub - GIScience/graphhopper: An open source route planning library and server using OpenStreetMap.. As far as I can see, the most up to date branch is ors_0.13, but I cannot make it work on IntelliJ on my laptop. The tests fail when building. Then, when it works I guess I should follow this (ors_0.13.2 branch doesn’t exist, but should be the same with ors_0.13) openrouteservice/Building-from-Source.md at master · GIScience/openrouteservice · GitHub.

Steps taken are

git clone https://github.com/GIScience/graphhopper/
git checkout ors_0.13

Load into IntelliJ as a new maven project with existing sources (so I could start changing the code for integrating the multipolygons)

mvn clean install

Even without changing anything in the code, this is the log of mvn clean install:
(See Pastebin)

mvn compile works fine, it fails in the tests.

How should I proceed?

Best,
Héctor

Hey,
which java and maven version are you using?

If the problem persists with java11, I’m assuming this is a bug in our ors branch…

Best regards

mvn --version
Apache Maven 3.8.6 (84538c9988a25aec085021c365c560670ad80f63)
Maven home: /opt/maven
Java version: 11.0.15, vendor: Oracle Corporation, runtime: /usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: UTF-8
OS name: "linux", version: "5.18.8-arch1-1", arch: "amd64", family: "unix"

Hey,

yes, this is a bug in the ors_0.13 branch on github. It seems like they have been broken for quite some time and given that we’re going to upgrade to graphhopper 4.0 soon-ish, we unfortunately will not prioritize fixing them too much.

If you run mvn -DskipTests install you should be able to install from ors_0.13 without too much hassle.

Best regards

2 Likes