How to get an offer for extended quota

Dear all,

I’d like to use openrouteserver for a new system, which has the need to get routing information. So far openrouteservice provides exactly the needed features.

I now need to get estimation of the cost of being able to issue more requests than 2000.
So I send an email to enquiry@openrouteservice.org (subject: openrouteservice plan) on 12.02.20, bud did not get any answer. Should I send it to another mail?

Yes, we got your mail. Following the banner you see up on this page: no, sorry, we’re not able to support commercial enquiries.

Hi Nils,

thanks for your answer.
The banner further say’s:

However, if you’re in need of support for openrouteservice for a commercial endeavor, please contact us on enquiry@openrouteservice.org and we can discuss options.

As with my mail I wanted to ask the price for raising the quotas (from my point of view this is absolutely a commercial request?) I sent an email.

So does this mean, that you received my mail and I will get an answer, or that you received my mail and you will not send me an answer?

If you do not send me an answer- is this a temporary situation or will openrouteservice not be/allowed to sell products/service?

Thanks
Harald

Pinging here… got no answer

The reply from Nils seems pretty strange. You asked for a quote for costs for commercial usage - ie an offer to pay - and he replied quoting the banner to say they can’t provide free commercial services, but the banner specifically says to email them about commercial options. :man_shrugging:

I have just sent a similar email to ors, and I am hoping I get a positive response, with a quote for costs for my use case.

Hi @francisbarton,

weather we can help with the endeavour depends heavily on the usecase, due to our legal restrictions as a gGmbH (non-profit).
This however, should not be discussed in this forum but via a personal email, therefore the banner.

You will receive an answer after lunchtime :coffee: :green_salad: :slight_smile:
Best regards

2 Likes

Thanks so much Amandus. I look forward to the email response.
I was just worried because of the experience mentioned by the OP.