Geocode Search stopped working | [index_not_found_exception] no such index [pelias]

Hi,

The geocode/search in my application is suddenly not working.
I noticed that the example in the documentation is also not working anymore and throws the same error:

“[index_not_found_exception] no such index [pelias], with { resource.type=“index_or_alias” & resource.id=“pelias” & index_uuid=“na” & index=“pelias” }”

In the example they use: https://api.openrouteservice.org/geocode/search?api_key=KEY&text=Namibian%20Brewery

I did notice that the search does work when I change te search text to one word/city. For example:
https://api.openrouteservice.org/geocode/search?api_key=KEY&text=Berlin

Does someone has any idea on what could cause this error and how to solve it?

Kind regards

Hey,

as stated in the info box at the top of this forum, we are currently experiencing issues with our geocoder. It should be back up running in a few days :slight_smile:

Best regards

Thanks for you update :+1:

1 Like

Hi!

When will the geocoder work again? Any expectations? Will this take days, weeks?

Hi @goedhartilse

reverse geocoding works already for large areas, but the full data isnt there yet.
basically the big areas are “imported” first as these are used to add more information to the individual addresses.

We don’t have an exact time estimate yet (as it’s the first time this needs doing) but it should be rather a matter of days instead of weeks.

Great to hear the Geocoder is working again, thanks all for your work!
I just wanted to ask if you think it is likely to experience any more issues now? Or is it stable?

Thanks again :grin:

Fingers crossed it will be stable for the time being, but of course we can’t say with 100% certainty (I swear that sometimes computers really are sentient and want to mess around with us…). At least we have stopped auto-updating for the time being, but that means that the data might become out-dated after some time, but we are planning on getting the updating working again before that becomes a problem.

Today it occurs again :disappointed_relieved:, tomorrow is my deadline, hope dev team can fix it soon.

Should be back working now, but currently with a bit older data

3 Likes

Thank you, it is working again

1 Like