Error with creating isochrones

Hi there,

I need to calculate isochrones from a shapefile with multiple points (not a multipoint shape file, I was smart enough not do use that), and it worked until I edited two point in the file and added a few points. Not the error log looks like this:

“Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Users/cnaehle/Library/Application Support/QGIS/QGIS3/profiles/default/python/plugins/ORStools/proc/isochrones_layer_proc.py”, line 127, in processAlgorithm
for locations, id_value in self.get_sorted_feature_parameters(source, id_field_name):
File “/Users/cnaehle/Library/Application Support/QGIS/QGIS3/profiles/default/python/plugins/ORStools/proc/isochrones_layer_proc.py”, line 193, in get_sorted_feature_parameters
x_point = x_former.transform(feat.geometry().asPoint())
ValueError: Null geometry cannot be converted to a point.
Execution failed after 0.04 Sekunden”

Any suggestions? I really wouldn’t want to recreate all 150 points manually…

Regards

Philip

Hey,

without the input data, finding the cause for these kinds of issues is just poking around in the fog.
However, there’s a few reasons this might happen even if your input data is “correct”:

• layer was still in edit mode
  • points had no geometry after edits
  • invalid geometry (however that may come to be…)

Best regards

The answer is in the error message:

You have a row in your shapefile that may or may not have attributes, but does not have a geometry. Either remove that row or add a geometry to it. Shouldn’t be too hard to find using QGis.

Thanks a lot!

1 Like