Error 3099 in API

I am using the API to create isochrones. However, I am getting a really random error 3099. This is happening in the middle of a city with plenty of streets. It doesn’t seem to happen for other locations, even in the same street. I am using Python, but I tried in the ORS API playground, same error. This is my request:

import requests

body = {"locations":[[4.712471238642449,52.00930698769702]],"range":[150]}

headers = {
    'Accept': 'application/json, application/geo+json, application/gpx+xml, img/png; charset=utf-8',
    'Authorization': '****',
    'Content-Type': 'application/json; charset=utf-8'
}
call = requests.post('https://api.openrouteservice.org/v2/isochrones/foot-walking', json=body, headers=headers)

print(call.status_code, call.reason)
print(call.text)

Any idea what the problem is?

Hi @Ruben-Bino,

hmm this is strange. If you move the marker to the street south-west it finds something. Maybe it snaps to on of the ways where it is immediately blocked by a gate.
Needs further investigation.

My guess is that the isochrones are trying to use the pedestrian area which is not connected to the neighbouring road as a starting point, whereas for routing the area is not included as a starting “road”

@amandus / @adam Interestingly enough, when I use driving-car as transport mode, it does work. It’s just the walking that throws the error.

That will be because for the driving car, the pedestrian area should be excluded by default as it is not a valid traversable surface for a motor vehicle. You see the same problem with the bike profiles as well as the foot ones as for those, pedestrian ways are included unless there is an explicit restriction against bikes.

1 Like