Adding more countries to my database

I have created the poi database from a number of countries. Now I want to add more countries, but it seems like I cannot do that without regenerating the entire set of countries I have already done. And for each time a new country is to be added the time to generate increases, off course.

Does anyone have a good idea on how to do this without regenerating everything from scratch?

Thanks for any suggestions
Mats

If I remember correctly you should be able to keep the manage.py script from exiting by commenting L 88; you can ONLY safely do so if you make sure that the added country files do not interfere with the order of the previously imported files, because the index in the list of processed files is used to identify the lines in the database belonging to each file. Since the list of files is sorted alphabetically before being assigned an index number you could rename your new files prepending a Z or something.
Since this is outside of intended use of the script I can’t guarantee that it works or the integrity of the extracted data afterwards.

2 Likes