Activate geolocation service on own server

The available services work fine, but I would like to activate the latitude and longitude search service by searching for a text.
The route would be geocode/search, but 404 localhost. How to activate this endPoint ?

Hey Leonardo,

this endpoint is not available for self-hosted instances as it is not provided by the openrouteservice. On our public instance, we have the open source geocoder Pelias running there. Have a look at their website and docker installation instructions for more about that :slight_smile:

Best regards

Hi,
Using the localhost source code is there a charge?
Is the use of a key in the GET sending necessary?
If not, is it possible to add the key for our server’s security?

Hey,

both openrouteservice and pelias are open source, so you can use the source code as you like - just pay respect to their respective licenses (ors and pelias).

If you’re running your own openrouteservice, the API key is not necessary for any request.

If you want to add keys to help with your server security, you’ll have to set this up yourself.
We are using tyk for this, as an API Gateway to manage access and loads to our servers.

Best regards

Hi, am I doing something wrong?
I started the server using the brazil project but it doesn’t return results

Hey,

this is a forum for the openrouteservice.
Pelias has their own community chat and this looks like a question for them :slight_smile:

Best regards