Adding a new polygon layer

Hi
Im trying to add a new layer ( via Leaflet?) consisting of a geojson multi polygon file, im struggling to find which way to do this as a back office function.

the intent is to generate isochrones via a local version of the openrouteservice PI over the top of the layers to establish the limits of each fire station jurisdiction( ie the polygons)

Could you point me in the correct direction please?

I also need to plot the fire stations a an icon which then becomes the origin for the isochrone

Thank you

Adrienne

Have a look here:

Hi Nils
thank you that Im a bit confused however as how this would work using my cloned version of the ORS app - which files would I change when the article talks about ‘After including the CSS and JS in your page’? as below

May be this is a bit more than I was looking for - when I mention polygons ( just to clear the point :slight_smile:) I was meaning fixed geographical areas such as you may find with a country or province area that would be visible on each occasion you opened up the web browser for the OPS app ( which I start using the the grunt ors command)

so in a similar example you would see the administration boundaries of a city or town, then you would select a time/distance isocrome to identify how much of the city boundary is covered by the city fire service, ideally the isochrome would be truncated at that boundary but thats not too necessary
Any other thoughts? or even if you can tell me which file to edit/add the plug in from github as you mentioned.
Sorry Im trying to learn as Im going

Thank you
Adrienne

Oh, you should’ve mentioned that you’re trying to clone our web app. In that case forget the leaflet plugin.

the intent is to generate isochrones via a local version of the openrouteservice PI

that’s not too clear;)

I have no idea about the web app, maybe @amandus can help.

hi sorry = I didnt explain clearly and obviously I meant clone as in Github :slight_smile:
This bit ,the intent is to generate isochrones via a local version of the openrouteservice PI, meant to say that opening the ORS API as a local version by using grunt -ORS and then generating the isochrones from the GUI but the map would show the geojson polygons and Fire Station Icons

How do I catch Amandus?

Thank you
Adrienne

Hi Nils
No answer from Amandus
Any suggestions?